ANN: unicode 2.8

garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Fri Jan 1 15:48:44 EST 2021

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 12/31/2020 9:36 AM, garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk wrote:
>> unicode is a simple python command line utility that displays
>> properties for a given unicode character, or searches
>> unicode database for a given name.
>> Changes since previous versions:
>>
>>   * display ASCII table (either traditional with --ascii or the new
>>     EU–UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement version with --brexit-ascii)
>
> Are you reproducing it with bugs included?
> How is that of any use to anyone?

Including the (correct) ASCII table has been a long term, low priority -
I am using ascii(1) utility reasonably often and it makes sense to
reproduce this functionality.

And when implementing this, it was a no-brainer to include also the
brexit varian (verbatim). After all, given the blood and sweat and tears
shed during the negotiations, I am sure each and every line of the
Agreement has been combed and (re)negotiated over and over by experienced
negotiators and verified an army of experts in the fields <sarcasm off/>