ERROR in loading data

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 10:04:26 EST 2020

On 04/02/2020 14:49, laiba.zubair96 at gmail.com wrote:
> #load the training and testing data, then scale it into the
> 	# range [0, 1]
> 	print("[INFO] loading  ADNI data...")
> 	((trainX, trainY), (testX, testY)) = '/content/gdrive/My Drive/3_Classes/'.loads_data()
> 	trainX = trainX.astype("float") / 255.0
> 	testX = testX.astype("float") / 255.0
>
> 	# initialize the label names for the  ADNI dataset
> 	labelNames = ["outAD", "outCN", "outMCI"]
> When i try to run this code I got the following error.
>
> [INFO] loading  ADNI data...
> AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
> <ipython-input-8-fb9724017cc0> in <module>()
>        1 print("[INFO] loading  ADNI data...")
> ----> 2 ((trainX, trainY), (testX, testY)) = '/content/gdrive/My Drive/3_Classes/'.loads_data()
>        3 trainX = trainX.astype("float") / 255.0
>        4 testX = testX.astype("float") / 255.0
>        5

So that error is saying that something on line 2 is trying to use an
attribute incorrectly, probably one that doesn't exist (there really
should be more explanatory information in the error, by the way).  The
only thing on line 2 that tries to access an attribute is the string
'/content/gdrive/My Drive/3_Classes/', which tries to run the method
loads_data().  Fair enough.  A quick test on the interactive command
line or a look in the documents will tell you that strings indeed do not
have a loads_data() method.

I don't know what library you are intending to use, but you need to open
your file with that first.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd