Convert a scientific notation to decimal number, and still keeping the data format as float64

doganadres at gmail.com doganadres at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 04:35:51 EDT 2019

Here is my question:

I am using the numpy.std formula to calculate the standart deviation. However, the result comes as a number in scientific notation.
Therefore I am asking, How to convert a scientific notation to decimal number, and still keep the data format as float64 ?

Or is there any workaround to get the initial standart deviation result as a decimal number?

Here is my code:

stdev=numpy.std(dataset)
print(stdev)
    Result: 4.999999999999449e-05

print(stdev.dtype)
    Result: float64

Solutions such as this:

stdev=format(stdev, '.10f')
converts the data into a string object! which I don't want.

Expected result: I am willing to have a result as a decimal number in a float64 format.

System: (Python 3.7.4 running on Win10)

Regards,