Using Makefiles in Python projects

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Mon Nov 11 13:14:43 EST 2019

On 11/11/2019 17:55, Thomas Jollans wrote:
> I'm sure it's possible to write Makefiles that work with both GNU make
> and NMake, but I imagine it's a rather limiting and thankless enterprise.
>
> Is that something you actually do? (Maybe it's great, I really wouldn't
> know. Do tell!)

Trying to work cross-platform with NMake/GNU make is every bit as horrid
as you're imagining when you start getting clever, and I haven't tried
doing it for years.  Generally when I'm working on both Windows and
Linux, Cygwin is involved anyway so I just use GNU make and be done with it.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd