Cult-like behaviour [was Re: Kindness]

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jul 14 15:57:34 EDT 2018

On 7/14/2018 2:44 PM, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> Having gone through a recent 2to3 effort that left my conscience
> stained, I can only lament for the lost paradise which was Python 2.7.

I am curious, which release of 2.7 do you apply that to?  The initial
2.7.0?  Should we have stopped there?  The current 2.7.15?  Should we
stop with this?  If you think paradise needed and needs improving, what
help did you and will you contribute?

What do you mean by 'lost'?  All past releases since about 1.5 will
remain available indefinitely.

For some people, in particular core developers, 2.7 was more like hell,
a developmental dead end.  The different opinions may be responses to
the same facts.

--
Terry Jan Reedy