Simple graphic library for beginners

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:02:11 EST 2018

On 12 January 2018 at 17:25, Mikhail V <mikhailwas at gmail.com> wrote:
> And the target Python where the package will be installed should be defined by
> a switch, e.g. 'pip -2', 'pip -3' (in analogy with 'py -2', 'py -3').
> The question is though, how pip will know what version(s) of python I have, and
> if I installed them later? Hmm, not an easy problem. So in this case pip shoud
> track the multiple versions each time I install another version of python.

If that's how you want it to behave, just use "py -2 -m pip" or "py -3
-m pip" or "py -3.6 -m pip" as required. Works now, no hassle. You
still have to install pip (the package, not the executable) in each
Python home, but that's just how Python packages work (and pip is
already installed by default when you install Python on Windows
anyway).

Paul