Simple graphic library for beginners

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Wed Jan 10 07:40:28 EST 2018

I'm looking for a really easy to use graphic library. The target users
are teachers who have never programmed before and is taking a first (and
possible last) programming course.

I would like to have the ability to draw lines, circles, etc. Nothing
fancy, as little window management as possible (possible buttons),
perhaps simple events like button presses or clicks on canvas - think:
making simple diagrams or simple figures. Cross-platform

Yes, I know about tkinter.

Yes, I know about various block languages like Scratch but they are not
relevant in this case.

Any suggestions?

= jem