Ide vs ide

Andrew Z formisc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 12:11:03 EDT 2017

I like this trajectory of conversation.
Can we re define "small tiny" as "scripts"?
 i can argue, based on my expirience with other languages, that there is no
need for an "ide". The most ive ever needed is a text editor and a few
plugins with "print".

Moving to "average" size projects.
What i found useful and what i use constantly:
 Built in, up to date, correct! help on _installed_classes, functions. The
golden standard all these years for me was Delphi (2,3).
 Drop downs to show list of functions for an object. Also validates your
logic as far as you  use of correct variable, type etc.
Templates- define a language construct,
Type a shortcut and get the whole construct inserted. Saves typing.
Built-in change control,  build.

This is the main functionality i use . Needless to say the ide itself has
to be professional. And, since im not doing coding 24x7, i prefer "buttons"
as opposite to shortcut-to-find-the-shortcut-so-i-can-shortcut to get the
action. (Yeah, i found myself far less productive  while using atom and
company).at the same time, using editors like atom, whenyou work with
multiple filetypes is a gods sent .