Increasing the diversity of people who write Python

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Wed Nov 29 01:52:45 EST 2017

Am 28.11.17 um 20:24 schrieb wxjmfauth at gmail.com:
> Le mardi 28 novembre 2017 04:44:51 UTC+1, Rustom Mody a écrit :
>>
>> Unicode codepoint names are (evidently) ALLCAPS-ASCII
>>

> Are you sure ? ;-)
>

> ; Standard Unicode 10.0.0 ou
> ;	Norme internationale ISO/CEI 10646:2017

> 00FF	LETTRE MINUSCULE LATINE Y TRÉMA

WTF is this? The character is correctly called
"LATIN SMALL LETTER Y WITH DIAERESIS". There is no non-ASCII character
in this description. Of course, if I translated the Unicode mapping to
Polish, there would be an even larger number of non-ASCII letters - but
what good would that be for an IT standard, if the identifiers were
written in different languages?

	Christian