Better way to do this dict comprehesion

Sayth Renshaw flebber.crue at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 21:28:59 EST 2017

Hi

I have got this dictionary comprehension and it works but how can I do it better?

from collections import Counter

def find_it(seq):
     counts = dict(Counter(seq))
     a = [(k, v) for k,v in counts.items() if v % 3 == 0]
     return a[0][0]

test_seq = [20,1,-1,2,-2,3,3,5,5,1,2,4,20,4,-1,-2,5]

so this returns 5 which is great and the point of the problem I was doing.

Can also do it like this
def find_it(seq):
     counts = dict(Counter(seq))
     a = [(k) for k,v in counts.items() if v % 3 == 0]
     return a[0]

But the given problem states there will always only be one number appearing an odd number of times given that is there a neater way to get the answer?

Thanks

Sayth