Default logging as part of the language

ttopolewski at gmail.com ttopolewski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 05:12:04 EDT 2017

Hello,
I'm wondering what do You think about some default logging that can become a part of the Python language and part of the development workflow.

I would see it as develop in debug mode untill debug is removed intentionally.
It would include:
- standard logging location for new development
- some incentive to remove logging

For example new keyword defd - something that would:
- act as regular def, but log own identification and input/output __repr__ to /var/log/{processname.processid}
- send WARN to stdout if filename of function/method defd definition time is old(like 2y.o?) to make people to replace defd as regular def

PS. I don't have example implementation and I have not tried such approach so I can't say by experience if it makes any sense. But still I think it can be at least something to consider.