How can I make a sentinel value NOT be initialized in a class/method - OOP?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 18:52:55 EST 2017

On Jan 13, 2017 3:33 PM, <daviddschool at gmail.com> wrote:

The issue I am having is that when i enter the sentinel value of QUIT, it
gets initialized as the name and printed out.  How can I get around this?
I hope this makes sense.

Hard to say for certain without seeing your code, but the most likely cause
of this is that the input string contains a trailing newline that causes it
to differ from the sentinel value you're comparing it to. Consider using
the rstrip string method to remove any trailing whitespace.