Is this an error in python-babel or am I missing something?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Fri Mar 18 06:41:23 EDT 2016

Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 5:48:12 PM UTC-5, c... at isbd.net wrote:
> > So, my mistake, but python-babel should have caught it.
>
> Yeah, errors like that are a real pisser, and the further away from the
> source that they break, the more headache they become to resolve. They
> send you on a wild goose chase, and then after you've smacked your head
> against the desk for 10 mins, you find out it was something stupid that
> type checking could have easily prevented! If you find that this happens
> frequently, you may want to consider creating a wrapper to validate the
> inputs first, before sending them in -- there is no shame in doing this.

In this case I'm running around like a headless chicken in sqlkit
anyway so I'm very *likely* to make the sort of mistake I made. :-)

However I'm getting on reasonably well with sqlkit, it's very clever
indeed with the instrospection it does so that a very few lines of
(my) code can produce a useful, working application.

--
Chris Green
·