the global keyword:

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Jun 22 05:24:14 EDT 2016

On 22/06/2016 01:24, Rick Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 6:16:09 PM UTC-5, BartC wrote:

>> I tried using your method but it didn't work:

> ...you'll find a thread i authored, that includes an object
> exposing a global namespace named "G". Details of how to
> inject the symbol G are included. After you have this module
> installed,

Oh, after you have that installed. Naturally I skipped straight to your
code and got:

  NameError: global name 'G' is not defined

>     G.BDFL = "GvR"

But even if it worked, I don't think this two-parter counts as a 'global
variable' as it is understood. I might as well just create my own G
module containing:

     BDFL="GvR"

and import it in both A and B. Then I can also write G.BDFL in those
modules. But remember the point was avoid having to write Test.test_var.

(Perhaps your method dispenses with having to create such a module and
to have to explicitly import it into each module.)

--
Bartc