Curious Omission In New-Style Formats

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Fri Jul 15 06:44:51 EDT 2016

Op 15-07-16 om 11:20 schreef Marko Rauhamaa:
> Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be>:
>
>> Op 15-07-16 om 08:06 schreef Marko Rauhamaa:
>>> Common usage among educated speakers ordinarily is the yardstick for
>>> language questions.
>> But educated about what exactly?
> In this case we are talking about those people who actively talk about
> significand/mantissa. By and large, they call the thing mantissa.

I think there is an important difference between actively talking about
something and being educated (about it).

I have known people who actively talked about negative feedback while
what they actually meant was a vicious circle that technically was
possitive feedback but with results they wanted to avoid.

--
Antoon Pardon.