Clean Singleton Docstrings

Rob Gaddi rgaddi at highlandtechnology.invalid
Thu Jul 7 19:46:45 EDT 2016

I've got a package that contains a global ensmartened dict that allows
all the various parts of my program to share state.  Things like device
handles, information about the application environment, etc. that are
inherantly global (i.e. we're not having that debate).

Implementation is:

  class _Registry(UserDict):
    """Docstring!"""
  Registry = _Registry()

So Registry is now a globally accessible mutable object; no reason to
complicate things with singletons or borgs or whathave you. From
within the interactive console, help(foobar.Registry) gives me the
_Registry documentation as expected.

>From the (Linux) command line though:
  $ pydoc3 foobar._Registry
    [lots of good documentation stuff]
  $ pydoc3 foobar.Registry
  no Python documentation found for 'foobar.Registry'

Is this a thing that can be fixed with a commensurate amount of effort?

Thanks,
Rob