where is it

Steven D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Aug 6 23:31:42 EDT 2016

On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 03:16 am, Dave wrote:

> I am trying to associate the .py file extension with idle.......where IS
> idle?  Can you make it a bit more difficult to load/use your software
> please.

We certainly could, but we're not going to make it more difficult just to
suit you. You can make it as difficult as you want by just continuing your
current behaviour of being unnecessarily obnoxious.

If IDLE is installed, you should be able to use your general computer
knowledge (assuming you have any) to find it. I don't use Windows and can't
remember how you do this, but surely there is a way to find out the
location of any application under the Start Menu?

If there is a shortcut on the desktop, right click on the desktop and use
that to locate IDLE.

Or use Start Menu > Find File (or whatever Windows calls it) to find IDLE.

But I think you may find something of a problem, since IDLE is itself a
Python script. So perhaps you should worry less about where IDLE is located
and more about how do you get Windows to open Python files in IDLE.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.