using binary in python

kent nyberg kent at z-sverige.nu
Tue Nov 10 16:29:01 EST 2015

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 10:20:25PM -0800, Larry Hudson via Python-list wrote:
> Your questions are somewhat difficult to answer because you misunderstand
> binary.  The key is that EVERYTHING in a computer is binary.  There are NO
> EXCEPTIONS, it's all binary ALL the time.  The difference comes about in how
> this binary data is displayed and manipulated.  I want to emphasize, ALL the
> DATA is binary.

Thanks alot for taking the time.
I get it now. I sort of, but not fully, misunderstood the conecpt of binary files.
The thing I was after; and the thing Im playing with now after a more succesfull time with google,
is writing more specific things to a file than just strings.
English is not my native language so please forgive me, but
I wanted to write specifc 16bit codes, and read them. And later play with bitwise operations on them. Sort of.
It might not make sense at all, but hey..  it doesnt have to.
Thanks anyway. :)