Python Worst Practices

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 2 10:32:33 EST 2015

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 14:19:45 +0200, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> alister <alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com>:
>
>> or as another analogy why don't you (Marco) try telling a Barber in
>> Seville that he should be speaking Latin Spanish not that strange
>> variation he uses?
>
> If the barber conference language were Latin, and some Spaniard insisted
> on speaking Western Andalusian, I sure would consider that obnoxious.
>
> Similarly, I've heard some Finnish representatives in the Nordic Council
> complain how the Danish insist on speaking Danish. The official language
> there is Swedish.
>
>> I suspect the reaction you get will be far more severe than the one you
>> are getting from we English (& Brits)
>
> I don't understand your reaction. The rest of us are willing to walk a
> mile (say, Finnish -----> American English) and you are up in arms about
> having to shift a foot (say, Scouse -> American English).
>

> Marko

Because the language is English not American.
the Standard for English is by very definition UK English
English is spoken badly enough as it is without deliberately speaking it
worse!

As I said earlier tell a Spaniard they need to learn Latin Spanish
because traditional Spanish is not standard & see how far you get.
if they are laid back about it try the same thing with he French

--
Detroit is Cleveland without the glitter.