What is considered an "advanced" topic in Python?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Jun 1 07:00:09 EDT 2015

In a message of Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:34:08 +0100, Mark Lawrence writes:

>In the wonderful world of numbers I believe that things are looking up.
>  I don't recall a new issue on the bug tracker for several months along
>the lines of "Python can't do arithmetic properly".

How Great to Hear!  <cheer cheer cheer>

But I wonder how much of that has to do with changing division?

OpenEnd (my company) makes bookkeeping systems for Swedish Ideal
Societies (closest English words 'non-profits' and 'clubs').  A
surprising number of our potential customers are relying on code
written more than 20 years ago, by somebody who is no longer part of
the Society which used floats for arithmetic.  Hard to make the sale
when the customer thinks your math is broken. So I am biased, but in
my little corner of the world, Float Confusion Reigns Supreme.

Laura