Python 3 regex?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn PointedEars at web.de
Wed Jan 14 08:02:27 EST 2015

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:

> Le mardi 13 janvier 2015 03:53:43 UTC+1, Rick Johnson a écrit :
>> [...]
>> you should find Python's "text processing Nirvana"
>> [...]
>
> I recommend, you write a "small" application

I recommend you get a real name and do not post using the troll and spam-
infested Google Groups, but a newsreader instead.

> sorting strings composed of latin characters, a sort based on
> diacritical characters

I do not think you need regular expressions for that: you can use Unicode
collations.

> (and eventually, taking into account linguistic specific aspects).

BTDT.  For a translator application, I used Python to sort a dictionary of
the Latin phonetic transcription of Golic Vulcan whose alphabet is “S T P K
R L A Sh O U D V Kh E H G Ch I N Zh M Y F Z Th W B” [1].  re helped a lot
with that because inversely sorting the list by character length and turning
it into an alternation allowed me to easily find the characters in words,
and assign numbers to the letters so that I could sort the words according
to this alphabet.  If anyone is interested, I can post the relevant code.

> And, why not? compare Py3.2 and Py3.3+ !

What are you getting at?

[1] <http://home.comcast.net/~markg61/vlif.htm>

--
PointedEars