New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 22:22:32 EDT 2015

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 6:49:30 AM UTC+5:30, Dan Sommers wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:05:52 +0100, BartC wrote:
>
> > (Actually *I* would quite like to know why languages don't have
> > switchable syntax anyway to allow for people's personal preferences.)
>
> You want LISP, the programmable programming language.

You got it!!
One of the deep paradoxes in 'getting' programming is that you cant do
programming without some syntax; and yet syntax is irrelevant.

I dont believe one can ever get that without some experience of Lisp --
Minsky's Turing award lecture is an elaboration of this:
http://web.media.mit.edu/~minsky/papers/TuringLecture/TuringLecture.html