New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 22:14:49 EDT 2015

On 04/17/2015 11:05 AM, BartC wrote:
> He wanted to know if there was a simple syntax wrapper for it. That
> seems reasonable enough.
>
> (Actually *I* would quite like to know why languages don't have
> switchable syntax anyway to allow for people's personal preferences.)

There was a version of Python (compatible at a bytecode level) that did
implement braces for blocks.  It was called pythonb, but it is now
defunct, understandably for lack of interest.  It was just a
modification to the parser is all.  So it's completely doable.  In fact
one could probably do it with a preprocessor of some kind.  But there's
little utility in it.