pySerial works in miniterm but not in my app

Dario d.corti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 04:21:48 EDT 2014

Il giorno giovedì 30 ottobre 2014 23:57:40 UTC+1, Dennis Lee Bieber ha scritto:

> >sw o01 + <--- I send this

> How do you "send this"...

I just type or paste it in miniterm and hit return. Miniterm sends the return as CR, but it also works with CRLF.

> >sw o01 + Command OK <--- device does what it should *and* I receive this

> Is that a new line, or somehow part of the same line?

This is the response from the device, saying that my command was ok, and it also does what it should (it's an hdmi 4-4 matrix, it switches the first output to the next input).

> >s.write('sw o01 +\r')

> What happens if you use \n... or \r\n ?

In my app, that doesn't make any difference, never works. In miniterm, only CR and CRLF work, LF alone does not.

This evening I'll try with com0com to see what is really sent...

--
Dario