Build Question: How to Add -Wl, --option Before Objects In Setup.py?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Oct 28 04:11:50 EDT 2014

In article
<CAHu5PrY-T=DT3wOg-Y+Va9WgwBV3w9d7M-tu=_N-CNgWsSzGpg at mail.gmail.com>,
 Cyd Haselton <chaselton at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I'm building python on an Android device in the KBOX
> environment...which simulates a Unix type filesystem.
> Python isn't installed; I'm building from sources (2.7.8) with GCC
> 4.8.0 and make.
>
> The problem with the LDFLAGS approach is that some of the libraries
> that must be linked (-lc -ldl) do not need the --allow-shlib-undefined
> option...it's only the lpython2.7 that does.  Any way to do this?

Sorry, I have no experience with that environment nor an understanding
of why you need to specify --allow-shlib-undefined (it seems to be the
default in some versions of ld).  You could look at and, if necessary,
modify Lib/distutils, the part of the Python standard library that
builds extension modules from setup.py.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org