I am out of trial and error again Lists

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Oct 26 17:44:51 EDT 2014

On 10/26/2014 1:08 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:48:59 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
> declaimed the following:
>
>>> C:\Users\Wulfraed\Documents>python3
>>
>> You must have done something extra to make this work on Windows.
>
> 	Possibly hand-edited my system PATH -- I've got a rather nasty one
> (inserting line breaks)...

I was referring to the existence of 'python3' (and 'python2').  I
presume these are created by the ActiveState installer that you said you
used.  There are not created by the PSF Windows installer.  It instead
creates 'py' linked to the new launcher; 'py -2' and 'py -3' launch the
latest available python 2 or python3.

--
Terry Jan Reedy