Python 3.4.1 on W2K?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 03:54:24 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Pal Acreide
<palacreide-general at yahoo.com.dmarc.invalid> wrote:
> BTW, the reason I run VBox is that I belong to a group of diehard users of
> the classic DOS word-processor XyWrite. I've devised a way to use Python as
> an extension of XyWrite's built-in Programming Language (XPL):
> http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xypydoc.htm
> Although it works well on virtual Win 7 Pro, I'd like to get it going in W2K
> if possible.

Wow. I wonder, since you're already poking around with extremely
legacy stuff, would it be easier for you to use OS/2 instead of Win2K?
Paul Smedley still produces OS/2 builds of Python, and OS/2 itself
runs happily under VirtualBox (we have an OS/2 VM still on our network
here, and I use Python to manage its backups). Might not end up any
better than your current system, but it might be!

ChrisA