How do I access 'Beautiful Soup' on python 2.7 or 3.4 , console or idle versions.

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:02:46 EDT 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, use Python 3.4 as Terry Reedy suggested, unless the book is
> using 2.7 in which case you should probably use the same version as
> the book.

Following up on that, if this is the book you are using:
http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Started-Beautiful-Soup-Vineeth/dp/1783289554

then it says to use Python 2.7.5 or greater.  There is no indication
that the book is targeted at Python 3, and in fact I see at least one
line that won't work in Python 3 ("import urllib2"), so I definitely
recommend sticking with a 2.7 release.