Backport fix on #16611 to Python 2.7

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 21:08:42 EDT 2014

On 18/06/2014 01:56, Makoto Kuwata wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a bug on SimpleCookie#load() which doesn't parse
> 'secure' and 'httponly' attributes correctly.
>
>      try:
>          from Cookie import SimpleCookie
>      except:
>          from http.cookies import SimpleCookie
>      ck = SimpleCookie()
>      ck.load('name1=value1; Path=/xxx; httponly; secure')
>      print(ck.output())  #=> Set-Cookie: name1=value1; Path=/xxx
>              # (Missing 'httponly' and 'secure' attributes on Python <
> 3.3.2!)
>

> This bug has been registered as #16611, and fixed on 3.3.3.
> But it is not backported into Python 2.7.
> http://bugs.python.org/issue16611
>
> My question: Is there any plan to backport the fix to Python 2.7?
>
> --
> regards,
> makoto kuwata

The simple answer is no.  The longer answer is, if you want to propose a
patch to backport the fix, it's more likely that somebody will do the
work to commit it as support for 2.7 has been extended until 2020.
Please note that I said "more likely", there's no guarantee given that
Python relies so much on volunteers.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---