Python and IDEs [was Re: Python 3 is killing Python]

CHIN Dihedral dihedral88888 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 11:37:40 EDT 2014

On Sunday, July 20, 2014 9:53:02 AM UTC+8, C.D. Reimer wrote:

> > I haven't used Python on Windows much, but when I did use it, I found
>
> > the standard Python interactive interpreter running under cmd.exe to
>
> > be bare- bones but usable for testing short snippets. If I recall
>
> > correctly, it is missing any sort of command history or line editing
>
> > other than backspace, which I guess it would have been painful to use
>
> > for extensive interactive work, but when I started using Python on
>
> > Linux the interactive interpreter had no readline support either so it
>
> > was just like old times :-)
>

> Windows PowerShell supports very basic Linux commands and has a command
>
> history. I'm always typing "ls" for a directory listing when I'm on a
>
> Windows machine. The regular command line would throw a DOS fit.
>
> PowerShell lets me get away with it.
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell#Comparison_of_cmdlets_with_similar_commands
>

> I prefer working on my vintage 2006 Black MacBook. Alas, the CPU fan is
>
> dying and MacBook shuts down after 15 minutes. I'm surprised at how well
>
> I was able to set up a equivalent programming environment on Windows.
>

> Chris Reimer

Well, Python could be used as a
scripting  language for routine jobs
in various Oses.

But Python has been designed to be
a cross-platform high-level general
purpose programming  language from
the birth.

One can be sure that the investing in most of the programming concepts and skills  in Python 2.XX is still valid in Python 3.XX.

Forget those non-investing imitators'  flase spamming claims.