Just For Inquiry

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Thu Feb 20 17:48:18 EST 2014

In <mailman.7196.1392914525.18130.python-list at python.org> shivang patel <patelshivang82 at gmail.com> writes:

> So, I kindly request to you please, give me a very brief info regarding
> *Role of Project Manager*.

In my organization, a project manager does these things (and a lot more):

Ensure that a requirements document exists, and is approved by both the
customer and the developer.

Work with developers to create a list of all work steps necessary to
complete the project.

Create a project schedule from developer estimates for each item on the
work list, and update the schedule as needed if additional steps are added
or a step takes longer than anticipated.

Communicate with customers to keep them informed of the project's progress.

Schedule meetings with the customer as needed.

Ensure that a test plan exists and is carried out.

Coordinate project delivery and installation.

Coordinate bug reports and bugfixes.

--
John Gordon         Imagine what it must be like for a real medical doctor to
gordon at panix.com    watch 'House', or a real serial killer to watch 'Dexter'.