Global indent

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Aug 23 10:32:00 EDT 2014

On Saturday 23 August 2014 06:17:24 alister did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 18:19:21 +1000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > Rob Gaddi wrote:
> >> Emacs and vim both have huge learning curves that I've decided
> >> aren't worth climbing.
> >
> > In my opinion, they are designed for people willing and able to
> > commit to memory dozens, even hundreds, of obscure key sequences to
> > get the simplest thing done. They are not designed for easy
> > exploration of the application: you either know the command that you
> > want, or you're stuck.
> >
> > Besides, the standard text editor is ed:
> >
> > http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed-msg.html
> >
> >> Notepad++ is an excellent GUI text editor for Windows.
> >> Geany is nearly as good, and runs on anything.
> >
> > I have never used Notepad++, but I can give Geany good reviews. It's
> > nearly as good as kate in KDE 3, and much better than kate in KDE 4.
>
> I'll give Geany another thumbs up

I would too, but for the code carving I do, gedit has syntax highlighters
for calling attention to GCode formatting mistakes, Geany doesn't.  It
does look like a capable editor, but it just doesn't fit my instant needs.

> it is quite well featured but still light weight (i tend to do my
> personal work on a netbook so I don't have much in the way of
> resources)
>
> for the original problem Shift & Cursor UP/Down to highlight the block
> then Ctrl-I to indent or Ctrl-u to unindent.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)