socket issue with recv()

Arthur Clarck aclarck5 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 04:39:07 EDT 2014

I forgot to mention that with this code:

total = ''
while True:
   data = s.recv(1024)
   total += data
   if (total != ''):
      print total
      total = ''

Everything is fine.
I am still looping but I get the complete data flow sent by the remote server.
The data flow is not corrupted with extra characters.
But I do not detect the closing of the socket on the remote server.
Why is recv not blocking !!!