Designing a network in Python

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Apr 30 08:28:28 EDT 2014

> I have managed to read most of the important data in the xml onto lists.
> Now, I have two lists, Source and Destination and I'd like to create bi-directional
> links between them.

> And moreover, I'd like to assign some kind of a bandwidth capacity to the links and
> similarly, storage and processing capacity to the nodes.

I don't know anything about your use case or data really, but from the above I
already know I would shove this all into a database, adding tables with relations
and mining data based on relations becomes trivial. More importantly, it also then
becomes easily extensible without refactoring as your requirements change.

Just my opinion,
jlc