threading

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Apr 9 23:44:39 EDT 2014

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 08:51:09 -0700, Rick Johnson wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:50:59 AM UTC-5, Neil D. Cerutti wrote:
>> [...]
>> Plus Rufus Xavier Sasparilla disagrees with it.
>
> If you think you're going to argue in such an implicit manner as to the
> benefits of pronouns, then you should expect that an astute logician
> such as myself will tear you to shreds.

This reminds me of Wile E. Coyote, announcing himself to others:

"Allow me to introduce myself, Wile E. Coyote, Super-Genius."

http://geekwisdom.wordpress.com/2013/03/16/wile-e-coyote-super-genius/

Rick, if you have to call yourself an astute logician for other to know,
then you probably aren't.

> And whist i admit your snarky comment is founded on a *superficial* fact

"Whilst". Whist is a card game.

[...]
> ############################################################
> # You comment is cleaver propaganda,

Damn those lying cleavers!

"Clever". A cleaver is a type of heavy chopping knife, usually used for
cutting through bones.

[...]
> Now, before i utterly destroy you, we must first *ALL* take a lesson in
> linguistics.

Oh noes! I'm going to be destroyed by Rick, Super-Genius!

Rick, before you reform the English language, perhaps you ought to
concentrate on an easier task. A few years ago you offered to fork Python
and make it a better language. I promised to be a beta tester for you if
you did so. How is that coming along? Do you have a repo where I can
check out progress?

--
Steven