function got multiple values for keyword argument for value

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 30 17:34:19 EDT 2013

On 30/10/2013 21:10, kavithabhaskaran2013 at gmail.com wrote:
> search(lane,value=None,start=105,stop=115,GUI=True) -> function definition
> search(lane,value=value,start=start, stop=stop,GUI=True) -> function call
>
> I get the error "search()" got multiple keyword argument for value"
>
> I understand when this error comes up - if I had a function definition like below
>
> def func(a):
> ---
>
> and if I called it as "func(0,a)" where I am passing 2 parameters instead of 1, I would end up with the error message.
>
> I dont follow why I get it when the number of arguments I am calling with the function call match the parameters in the definition.
>
> Please advise.

I suspect that you've a method rather than a function so I hope this
helps
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18821193/typeerror-init-got-multiple-values-for-keyword-argument-name

I also believe that you could be using google groups in which case would
you please be kind enough to read, digest and action this
https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence