Newbie - Trying to Help a Friend

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:05:01 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Alister <alister.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:57:30 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
>> On 20/11/2013 09:29, Alister wrote:
>>> On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:54:28 -0500, Dave Angel wrote:
>> By the way, this is double posted and there were four identical messages
>> from you yesterday, finger trouble or what? :)
>
> I don't think the problem is at my end. I am only sending once to the
> best of my knowledge
> (using Pan newsreader to Comp.lang.python)

Exactly four again.

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-November/660769.html
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-November/660770.html
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-November/660771.html
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-November/660772.html

Might be a problem with the mail<->news gateway, or might be that
something's sending through by multiple routes for redundancy. The
timestamps differ, not sure if that helps track it down.

ChrisA