Oh look, another language (ceylon)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 05:04:41 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM,  <wxjmfauth at gmail.com> wrote:
> string
> Satisfied Interfaces: Category, Cloneable<List<Element>>, Collection<Element>,
> Comparable<String>, Correspondence<Integer,Element>, Iterable<Element,Null>,
> List<Character>, Ranged<Integer,String>, Summable<String>
> A string of characters. Each character in the string is a 32-bit Unicode
> character. The internal UTF-16 encoding is hidden from clients.
> A string is a Category of its Characters, and of its substrings:

I'm trying to figure this out. Reading the docs hasn't answered this.
If each character in a string is a 32-bit Unicode character, and (as
can be seen in the examples) string indexing and slicing are
supported, then does string indexing mean counting from the beginning
to see if there were any surrogate pairs?

ChrisA