To whoever hacked into my Database

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 09:33:16 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> 100 bucks per hour? Oh My, i cant afford this at all.
> All i can give is 20 euros for the conversions of the script to framework
> style.
>
> Its not like you are going to create the script from scratch, you will just
> need to modify it in some fashion to make it frameworked because i don't
> have the slightest clue how to implement this.

(Please don't start your text with a double-hyphen - that's a common
convention for the start of your signature, and many people and UAs
will ignore text after it.)

20 Euro won't buy you much in the way of programmer time. Most job ads
I've seen are offering at least $50/hr for salaried work, and contract
work will start a lot higher than that. (I don't know how rates are in
Europe, but they'll be roughly in the same ball-park.) Your figure
would buy you maybe half an hour of someone's time... if you're lucky.
Most likely it's not even on anyone's radar. Perhaps now you'll have
some appreciation of how much you get *for nothing* here on this list.

The main point of my post, though, was that if you pay someone to do
your work for you, you WILL have to accept the way s/he does things.
If you get a guy to design you a database for your hit counter and he
does it with two tables, only a crass fool would then say "I don't
care how well you've done that, I'm going to do it MY WAY instead",
because if you really knew better than the person you hired, you would
have done it yourself. (Incidentally, this is exactly why I am no
longer with my former employer. He didn't respect my designs, so now
he's free to do his own.) You need to be willing to accept advice once
you ask for it; otherwise, just do things yourself - and cope with the
legal requirements, which I don't think you've yet even considered,
despite spending all this time on tracking your users and retaining
personal/private information.

ChrisA