Automation

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 10:12:16 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> And yes, people can _easily_ tell the difference between errors caused
> by being lazy/sloppy and errors caused by writing in a second
> language.

Yes, and even among people for whom English is the first language,
idioms can cause offense. On another list I'm on (Savoynet), one
person got somewhat offended at someone apparently calling him
completely ignorant, when actually no such slight was intended.
Welcome to English, where we all use the same words (mostly) but you
really need to be careful talking about knocking someone up...

ChrisA