Differences of "!=" operator behavior in python3 and python2 [ bug? ]

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon May 13 23:20:36 EDT 2013

On 13May2013 21:41, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:
| On 05/13/2013 07:30 PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| >|
| >| So which special methods should the <> operator call?  By rights it
| >| ought to call both __gt__ and __lt__ and return True if either of
| >| them is True.
| >
| >Surely it should require both of them to be true...
|
| Then it would never be true.  At least not for numbers.

Well that was the point. The _symbol_ looks like it should want
both. Next time I'll include the smiley.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

I really don't like :-) symbols as well. I feel that if you can't see the pie
coming, you deserve whipped cream up your nose.
        - robd at cherry.cray.com (rob derrick)