os.putenv() has no effect

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Tue Jun 18 14:12:39 EDT 2013

On 18.06.2013 20:09, Dave Angel wrote:

> In other words, you shouldn't use putenv(), but instead modify os.environ.

Huh... this is surprising to me. Because I actually looked it up in the
manual and vaguely remember that there stood that os.environ is just a
copy of the environment variables at interpreter start and not
authorative and (more importantly) that assigning to that dict
would/could somehow lead to memory leaks.

I am extremely certain that I found that passage, but can't find it
right now anymore (probably staring right at it and can't find it still) :-/

Anyways, I'll give it a shot, thank you!

Best regards,
Joe

> Zumindest nicht öffentlich!
Kosmologen: Die Geheim-Vorhersage.