improving performance of writing into a pipe

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Wed Feb 20 13:39:05 EST 2013

In <c6cb8e06-b7c1-474e-bc1e-e2f2733e477f at googlegroups.com> mikprog at gmail.com writes:

> As written before, I don't know what exception to search for, so I wrote
> the (wrong) code:
> except:
>   print "error"
> Let's why I don't have a clue about it.
> But someone already explained me that I should not do this.

If you don't know what exception is being raised, temporarily remove the
try/except statements and run the code directly.  You'll get the exception,
and then you'll know which one it is.

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears