New User-Need-Help

Deborah Piotrowski spiceninja4u at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:45:27 EST 2013

Hi,

I am very new to Python, I am using the e-book "Python Programming for the
Absolute Beginner" and am starting with a simple "Game Over" Program.  This
is the code:which is extremely simple!
print"Game Over" raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")
That's it. It is supposed to bring up a window that says "Game Over" and at
the bottom say "Press enter Key to exit" and when you press the enter key
it is supposed to exit(big suprise).
But all it does is highlight "raw_input" and says "invalid syntax" Now, if
I just put "print "Game Over"" then it says Game Over UNDERNEATH the code I
just printed!
now I am following the book to the *pixel* and that is not what is supposed
to happen!
Please email me back as soon as you get this...(if you are not to busy).

Thanks,Nicholas