Any idea how i can format my output file with ********************Start file*********************** usinf Python 2.7

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Feb 9 14:56:09 EST 2013

On 2/9/2013 11:21 AM, rusi wrote:
> On Feb 9, 7:27 pm, Morten Engvoldsen <mortene... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>> I Have saved my output in .doc file and want to format the output with
>>
>> *************Start the File ************************
>>
>> Some data here
>>
>> *******************End of File*****************************
>>
>> Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?
>
> If it were not for the doc file type, its a couple of lines of code to
> do what you are asking.
>
> With doc files however its a bit of a headache.
> MSOffice doesn't script with python (as far as I know).

It can be with the pythonwin extensions.

> Best to use whatever it allows -- VBA I guess
> Libreoffice allows a number of different scripting options including
> python -- all poorly documented and obsolete.
> eg http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python/scriptingframework/

LibreOffice 4.0.0, released 2 days ago, upgrades the bundled Python from
2.6 (itself an upgrade) to 3.3!
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-0-new-features-and-fixes/

One new addition, also from the above
'''
"LibreLogo" vector graphics language: Logo toolbar and interpreter

Logoposter en.jpg 	Turtlegraphics.png 	Logochessboard.png

The lightweight implementation (1400 lines in Python-PyUNO) uses the
embedded Python to give a simplified programming interface to the
excellent vector graphics of LibreOffice for graphic design and
education (including teaching of word processing). ...
'''
I am hoping the PyUNO doc will see improvement.

--
Terry Jan Reedy