Trouble with Multi-threading

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Wed Dec 11 21:00:38 EST 2013

In article <52a84061$0$29992$c3e8da3$5496439d at news.astraweb.com>,
 Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> When did this forum become so intolerant of even the tiniest, most minor
> breaches of old-school tech etiquette? Have we really got nothing better
> to do than to go on the war path over such trivial issues? Out of five
> followed by no fewer than four people playing "Stacks on the n00b" making
> the same comment about being unable to delete the message. I'm sure all
> four of you think you are ever such wits, but you're only half right.

I believe I started off the chain of responses you're referring to.  I
meant it semi-humorously, but also with a point.  It is clear it turned
out to be harmful, and for that I apologize.

I share your dismay at where this group is going, and feel bad that I
inadvertently moved it further in that direction.