program loaded in memory

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Oct 22 10:19:46 EDT 2012

On 2012-10-22, Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 02:02:27 +0200, Anatoli Hristov wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need an advice about a small script I run 24/24 7/7.
>>
>> It's a script converted to EXE using py2exe and this script takes -
>> grows 30kb RAM on each loop which means that for 10hours it grows up
>> with 180mb memory. is there something I can do ?
>
> Probably. Find the memory leak and fix it.
>
> What happens if you call it directly from Python, instead of using py2exe?
> Perhaps the memory leak is in py2exe.

I'm curious how there can be a memory leak in py2exe.  I thought all
it did was bundle up the python interpreter and the required libraries
into a "private" python installation that's then invoked by the
wrapper.  Does py2exe actually do something after the application has
started?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ONE LIFE TO LIVE for
                                  at               ALL MY CHILDREN in ANOTHER