Aggressive language on python-list

Hguant hguant at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 01:11:13 EDT 2012

On 10/18/2012 12:42 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Dwight Hutto<dwightdhutto at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Chris Angelico<rosuav at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Common misconception. The First Amendment to the United States
>>> Constitution prohibits the *making of any law* that restricts certain
>>> freedoms. It does not have ANYTHING to do with "I have first amendment
>>> rights to say whatever I like".
>> Your constitutional opinion, but not everyone's.
>>
>> And I quote:
>>
>> "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
>> or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or -->abridging the freedom
>> of speech, or of the press<--; or the right of the people peaceably to
>> assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
> That's one entire sentence. "Congress shall make no law... abridging
> the freedom..." - it's ONLY preventing Congress's actions. The
> Constitution was subsequently applied by the Supreme Court to state
> governments as well, but it's still only restricting state and federal
> law-makers.
>
> ChrisA
My god people, can we just drop this and move on already? No one's
opinions are going to be changed, and there's no magic bullet argument
that will shut down someone you disagree with. Swallow your bile and
carry on.

Sorry to be jumping in like this, I'm just frustrated that THIS is
what's the community is going to spend its time on. Seems rather much a
waste.

--Jonathan

(Also, someone was an idiot on the internet. OH NO! MUST BRING FORTH MY
EPIC TYPING FINGERS. Isn't there an xckd about this?)