How to show and parse rsync progress in Python/Django?

sachit.technerves at gmail.com sachit.technerves at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 07:39:24 EST 2012

I am using the development version of rsync with --info-progress option. I am writing a python program which transfer files from server to local computer using rsync:
finalresult = subprocess.Popen(['sshpass', '-p', password, 'rsync', '-avz', '--info=progress2', 'hostname:/filename', '/home/nfs/django/user'],
                                    stdout=subprocess.PIPE).communicate()[0]

This should store the processing in the finalresult which is not happening. I just want to show the file syncing progress in my front-end Django app. How can I do that? Thanks