Python is readable

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 22:15:08 EDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Steven D'Aprano
<steve+usenet at pearwood.info> wrote:
> I'm not sure if you're making a point there, or just a witty observation,
> but for the record I would accept dictionaries adding "todo" as a jargon
> entry. I don't think it is widespread enough to count as a regular word,
> but if we can have "another", "anywhere", "nowhere" and "pocketbook", I
> don't see why we might not someday have "todo".

A bit of both. My point is: The jargon that is developed in specific
domains (such as TODO, and the P-convention among Lispers, and so on)
often ends up used outside it. Once people not associated with the
original domain are using that jargon, it can be safely declared to be
part of the language.

TODO mightn't be there quite yet, but I agree, it's highly likely to
be dictionarified (is THAT a word?) before long.

ChrisA